Frizz free hair on hot, humid summer days
We're about halfway through summer and that means hot and humid days where I live. I grew up with naturally curly hair, which meant curls and frizz. And always wanting the straight hair my sister had. One thing most of us have in common is that humidity can give us a bad hair day. For me, it turns frizzy. For others, it goes limp.
I am a confessed product junkie. I try something new and before it’s gone I’ve usually found something else and left the previous product behind. My bathroom drawers can back me up on that. When it comes to my hair and fighting the summer frizz, I’ve learned some tricks - and found a few products that help me get through summer without hating my hair.
Here’s what I do and what I use to fight my frizz:
- Prior to blow drying my hair, I use Oribe Straight Away Smoothing Blowout Cream (see below). I’ve even used it on my daughters fine, relatively straight hair and it works well and gave her some volume. Don’t use too much, especially on fine hair (about a quarter size or less).
- When I blow dry my hair, I make sure it’s completely dry. I rough dry it about 80% dry, then round brush it. I find sectioning it off as I work from bottom to top layers gets it relatively smooth.
- To activate the Oribe product, I flat iron my hair. The product has a heat protection up to 450 degrees, so no need for another product.
- To finish, I apply a hair serum or oil (I use Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Oil) but just a little on the ends. It is pricey but it lasts forever with how little you need.
- As a finish, I spray Living Proof Frizz Humidity Shield.
With these products and tips, I can usually go about 4 days without washing my hair. These products don’t weigh it down, and I apply the Frizz Humidly Shield every day for extra frizz protection.
I hope these product suggestions and styling tips help you get your perfect, frizz free summer hair. (And if all else fails, put hair in a messy bun or wear a great hat!)
On wet hair, apply Oribe Straight Away Smoothing Blowout Cream
After styling, apply Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Oil to ends or anywhere you need shine.
As a finishing touch, spray Living Proof Frizz Humidity Shield.